High thermal insulation means environmental protection
Against the backdrop of impending climate change caused by the increasingly powerful greenhouse effect, saving energy is one of today's key issues, because it helps to conserve existing resources and reduce CO2 emissions.
What's more, legal regulations and ordinances require us to cut down on energy consumption and thus also to improve thermal insulation in buildings. The construction industry is the biggest customer for rigid foams as a thermal insulating material. By providing its Baymer® products in combination with Desmodur® products, Covestro offers high-performance raw materials for the manufacture for cost-effective materials of construction. Owing to the rigid polyurethane foam's low thermal conductivity, it is possible to save more than half of the average heating energy consumed, particularly in older, poorly insulated buildings.
The key advantages of insulating panels are unmistakable:
- High thermal insulating capacity for increased heating energy savings
- High compressive strength
- Light weight
- Excellent long-term behavior
- Large range of products
- Easy to work with
- Biologically and chemically resistant
- Good dimensional stability
- Emission-free and moisture-resistant in dry construction
- Excellent fire safety classification
- Inexpensive material for modernizing buildings
- Controlled quality
Insulating panels can be used from the basement to the attic.