High-grade polyurethanes for solid insulation
Polyurethanes have been used successfully in electrical engineering for over 35 years. Major fields of application now include the sheathing, fixing, embedding and encapsulation of electrical components with solid, bubble-free polyurethane systems.
As a leading global manufacturer of polyurethanes, Covestro AG satisfies the demands of the electrical engineering industry with its broad range of Baygal®/Baymidur® systems. Characteristics of this polymer class include:
- Minimal inherent heating during curing
- Cold workability down to 0 °C
- Quick curing using catalysts
- Curing with minimal stress and shrinkage
- Low pressure on encapsulated components due to shrinkage
- Good adhesion
- Good resistance to chemicals
- High productivity
- Attractive cost/performance ratio
These advantages result in commercially attractive, technically superior solutions in the various sectors of electrical engineering. With their broad range of properties, polyurethane/casting resin formulations are firmly established in practical use.