A high-performance resin system with superior mechanical properties
Typical Blendur Parts
Blendur® is the name of a high-performance resin systems consisting of polyisocyanates and epoxides. It offers a choice between low- and medium-viscosity (50 - 2000 mPas) as well as one- and two-component grades, all of which are compatible and miscible with one another. The pot life can be individually adjusted by using suitable activators (10 - 360 minutes). Depending on the activator, the resins solidify under heat or at room temperature towards a “B-state” as intermediate step. All the standard types of filler can be incorporated in Blendur®.
Blendur® offers a wide variety of options for the manufacture of fiber-reinforced structural parts, semi-finished goods and finished goods. This high degree of flexibility makes it possible to use any of the manufacturing processes normally deployed for thermoset plastics: Casting or Injection molding, Resin Transfer Molding (RTM), Vacuum infusion, Pultrusion, Filament winding, Prepreg technology, Sheet Molding Compound (SMC), and Bulk Molding Compoung (BMC).
Whereas for many of our partners, the capabilities of Blendur® are only just beginning to emerge, the resin system has already proved its worth for composites used in the high-temperature applications. Particularly in new markets such as space and air travel, rail transport, automotive, and electrical/electronics, the demands are increasing all the time.
- High glass transition temperature (Tg) of approx. 280°C
- Good electrical isolation properties: Dielectric strength, 20KV/mm
- Nearly temperature independent mechanical and electrical properties
- High long-term temperature resistance: Heat class H (IEC 216)
- Inherent flame retardancy, e.g. UL94 V-0
- Good dimensional stability: Low thermal expansion co-efficient, ca. 65*10-6 K-1
- Good chemical resistance against acids, bases and organic solvents