The alternative for Glass Fiber-Reinforced Plastics (GRP)
MULTITEC® Spray System
Material research teams are constantly developing new products and processes to optimize work procedures and protect the environment. Our innovative Multitec® polyurethane (PUR) spray system is a good example of just such an innovative development. It is an intelligent alternative to glass fiber-reinforced plastics (GRP) made of unsaturated styrene-based polyester resins.
Multitec® is an extremely versatile family of products. They can be used to manufacture solid parts as well as sandwich structures, which comprise of two solid and one foamed layer. In addition, Multitec® can be combined with an In - Mold - Coating (IMC) to produce molded parts or it can be used for reinforcing thermoplastic films. The broad range of applications extends from sanitary articles and utility vehicle components to leisure goods or in-liner for steel and concrete. Applied by the spray process, with or without (mineral) fillers and glass fibers, the fast- curing PUR system can be adapted individually to the specific requirements of a particular application.
- Low emission process
- Efficient processing with short cycle times (no post curing, automation possible)
- Flexible surface design with high quality surface (IMC or Gelcoat)
- Perfect adhesion to PMMA and ABS thermoplastic foil
- Excellent mechanical properties and thermal stability
- Long durability based on low abrasion loss and high chemical resistance